I thought it was time to do one of these five things that make me happy post again. I’m in my head these days, worrying. I generally worry a lot. Worries about everything, I tend to overthink things and I often find myself working overtime in my head trying to solve things and trying to find the best solutions for everybody around me. This time is no exception – expect that there is no solution right now other than the things I’m already doing and a great deal of patience – with myself and with life in general.
The fact is that I always had a plan. All my life I had been a straight a student with a direct and planned path to my working life. But then I fell in love with this tall handsome guy, and a year after I gave birth to our first child – the first of our two beautiful souls and I connected with myself and this whole new feeling of love, started to see myself, listen to myself, allow myself to have feelings and desires which did not necessarily fit in to that very planned and very straight road I was on – who are you? what do you want? what means something to you? what makes you happy and what makes you sad? and suddenly it didn’t make any sense to me anymore. Damn you love!
So now I’m on a detour. In an attempt to finish what I have started so I can put it behind me and move towards what I always wanted for myself but didn’t believe I could do. And it takes time. And it takes a lot of hard work, and sometimes I’m wondering if I’m stuck here and other times it all takes one giant step in the right direction.
But this – not having a very concrete plan – is very much out of my comfort zone and right now I’m spending a lot of time and energy trying to find a way and maybe even some kind of plan on this shaky road I’m driving on.
Therefore this post. Writing this post always helps me change the perspective a little. Life is beautiful.
1. Friendships. I’m really grateful for my friendships. My friendships to the people who I get to be among in my life and my friendship through the community of Instagram. I find that I get a lot of support and that means the world to me.
2. And that leads me to the next point. Co-women. Cause there is two women who each have a great influence on me and my mood this week – because of their words and their actions of love and friendship. One of these two women is Carolijn. She and I have such a friendship that I just talked about – we have never met, but we have been following each other for a long time now and I have always felt a connecting with her. Carolijn send my a copy of her new book: Motherhood – a memoir of our first year, and reading her book have without a doubt been one of this week’s absolute highlights. Thank you Carolijn. And then there is Fulvia. Fulvia is the women behind The Glow Inst. A space for mothers to feel save and to let go of it all for some time. I visit Fulvia some time ago for a Full Moon treatment. I was very stressed at that time, and I actually was a little afraid that I wouldn’t be able to let go, but I did. Immediately. And it really change something in me – I felt so much love for myself when I “woke” up after the treatment and that was kind of new for me but so good and very important too. My biggest wish for my birthday is to come back for a treatment at Fulvia, but until then Fulvia send me some of her own tea and the most wonderful mist, and suddenly I remembered yet again the importance of that selflove in my everyday life. Thank you Fulvia.
3. My new work. As I promise some time ago I will tell you a little about this new work of mine. It’s a little difficult to put a title on it. I think Creative All Around Woman will cover it, but the thing is that I started working at an organisation called Settlementet. I manage their webshop – we just launch the first one for children store Heidi and Bjarne, and work as a teacher at their creative productions workshop and then I get to do fun stuff like the photoshoot I did yesterday. It was so much fun, and the kids I photographed was so good and right now I’m about to edit the pictures and I’m just, in all modesty, very happy about the result. A little sneakpeak:
4. To be inspired. I feel very inspired lately. Yesterday I had to stop my bike on my way to work four times to take notes because the ideas just kept coming to me. I feel like writing, I feel like painting, I feel like taking pictures and I feel like creating. And I am just very happy that the inspiration came back because it have been gone for quite some time. The scaffolding and the totally covered windows (oh yeah, that is still the situation around here) had left me tired and uninspired but somehow the inspiration found its way back. And I crossed my fingers on both hands for the renovation to end soon and the daylight to find its way to our home again. Yesterday Jonas ask me: why are you buying so many lamps lately? and I was like: what are you talking about, I don’t but then I took a minute to think about it and yes, the tall handsome man is right. I have bought four lamps in the last two weeks, and I think this lack of light is getting to me, and now I am walking around buying lamps like a crazy lamp person without even thinking about it.
5. The kids are alright! Actually they are absolutely magical! The bond between them. The looks they share. The laughs. Their conversations, their discussions and the way they always find each other again. I feel very blessed and grateful.
And if you are still here – thank you so much for reading!
Love from Freja