10. june 2019: And then summer came and I haven’t been writing for a while. Neither here or anywhere else. The days are flying by in highspeed lately. It’s such a cliche, I know but there is not enough time in the world right now as I want to do it all – I want to photograph, I want to work, I want to spend time with my kids and look their father in the eye and call him up spontaneously during the days just to tell him that I love him, I want to see my friends, I want to act on new ideas and I want a good night sleep – and I am left with this feeling that I am doing it all but like half and that is not that satisfying.
And now that I’m already is being way too hard on myself – my feed on Instagram is a mess. Maybe you’ve noticed. I’m not able to photograph indoors because of the scaffolding covering all of our windows letting no light in (the renovation was supposed to be finish by now but is delayed) and I decided to try to embrace it, and try to have fun with shooting outside without thinking to much about colors and compositions. Anyway, we are having fun. But when it’s said, I am so glad you are still around and I can’t wait to have natural light in our home again.
Anyway, I did this Ten things about me some time ago and I was so overwhelmed about the feedback from you – it was so heartwarming. I shared some habits of mine – such as always storing chocolate in the fridge and brushing my teeth twice each time. I shared something about crying, that I’m a big fan of David Bowie and I shared that I was dreaming about being a photographer when I was a kid.
And now I’m ready to share ten more things about me – more or less random but hopefully ten things that will get you to know me just a little better.
- I really don’t like eating with a spoon made of steel. I don’t like the feel of it. I eat with plastic or wooden spoons, and if I’m out to places where they only have spoons of steel, I eat my food, even if it is youghurt, porridge orr soup, with a fork. I have no problem with forks and knives made of steel. Hm, is it just super strange?
- When I put Frigg to sleep in the evening, we have this ritual to hear some relaxing music while I stroke her back. I use the Youtube channel Soothing Relaxation and I have this thing, when Frigg sleeps, I don’t know if you can call it a guilty pleasure because I actually find it very beautiful in its own way. I read the comments on the videos – every single one of them. On average, there are between 300-1000 comments on a video, and it is from people from all around the world writing how this music is changing their lifes, and helps them find peace and I just think it’s kind of comforting and beautiful.
- I found out I was pregnant with Frigg when I was 22 and gave birth to her when I was 23. I am now 27 and a mother of two.
- I am still breastfeeding my youngest, Fridtjof. He turned two a couple of months ago. I think it will come to a natural end during the summer but I have not wanted to force anything. We had a good time, and it has been so great during the times when he has been sick. I’m going to miss it, that is for sure.
- I’m not so good at saying no. I’m practicing but my stomach twists as I say it. Mostly, after saying no to something, I will od course find out that it’s okay and that it have no major consequences for me or the survival of the world but I really wish that I will get to a point where I can just say no, well knowing that I’m taking care of myself by saying no and just doing what is best for me to do.
- I’m not so good at saying yes. This I also try to practice a lot but it’s not easy for me to step outside my comfort zone and I tend to stay in it. I think it is my biggest challenge in especially my worklife and in the attempt to achieve the things I actually really want for myself, not being very good at both saying no and yes to things. Basically, it’s about not believing in myself enough to stand with my own worth. It’s something I’ve been struggling with as long as I remember, and I’ve actually come a long way during the past years as I’m aware of it and I’m working on it. It is my biggest wish for myself – to be able to let completely go off the bad thoughts I am thinking about myself because after all, I actually really like the person I am and I don’t want to be anyone else.
- I love vintage. Clothing, ceramics, toys, books – anything vintage. As a kid I went to the recycling station after school, looking for treasures in the containers and I proudly gave my mother and my siblings gifts that I had found myself in a container or on a street corner. Now I am mostly finding my treasures at flea markets, at auctions or online.
- According to The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator I am a INFJ – the letters stands for Introversion, Intuition, Feeling and Judgment. My boyfriend and his mother, who work with this test, guessed my result before I even took the test. I also think the test overall describes my type of personality very well. I’m actually not a fan of tests and categorizing but I kind of like this test because it can give you a better understanding of, and help you find some words to describe your personality, your actions, reactions and a understanding of what you need as a person.
- I never wear pants. I think I own two pair of pants but I can’t remember the last time I’ve been wearing a pair of pants. I prefer dresses. It’s comfortable and it’s just more simple. Only one pieces of clothing to decide on. I love dresses. When I was younger I spent all my money on dresses. I happily ate oatmeal for a week, to afford a new dress. Now I rarely buy clothes but when I do – it’s dresses! Mostly vintage dresses. And every year for my birthday my boyfriend gives me a new dress and then takes me out for dinner, wearing my new dress.
- I. am. in. need. of. a. summer. vacation.
3. august 2019: And now the summer vacation is over, and I never published this post. Summer vacation did not went as we had hoped for because I got sick. It’s almost four weeks since the whole thing started, and I know, it’s no time but sometimes I found it hard to remember how life was like before. But it is going in the right direction and I really strongly believe that everything will resolve with time, I don’t know if it’s the right word but I hope you know what I mean. Thank you so much for all your love and support! It means so much to me. And I hope you enjoyed this post even though it’s kind of old news now – but the tens things about me still holds. Also the last one. I am still in need of a summer vacation. But we will figure something out, a little getaway or something while the summer is still upon us.